We understand that sharing your personal information with online casinos can be somewhat daunting, but to help put your mind at ease we will share some tips on how to protect your personal information when completing the verification process as well as why the casinos need this information.
Why do I need to get my Casino account verified?
All online casinos require a licence to operate. Those with the most stringent requirements; such as UKGC – the UK Gambling Commission, provide the greatest protection for their players.
As part of the UKGC regulations, casino operators are required to undertake a process called KYC – Know Your Customer with all players. This process requires each player to verify their identity by providing certain documents, including proof of ID.
3 important reasons why your account needs to be verified and what documents are needed for verification:
- To ensure that you are legally allowed to gamble online (over 18 years of age).
- To ensure that consumers are protected from the fraudulent use of any credit/debit cards, bank accounts and/or other payment methods.
- To ensure that problem gamblers are protected from opening new accounts (e.g. if a player has already self-excluded, but has opened a second account unbeknown to the casino).
In order to fully verify your account and process a payment, most online casinos will request three pieces of documentation:
- A copy of your passport or driving licence, including the expiry date (front and back).
- A utility bill (e.g. gas, water or electricity), bank statement or another official government document, dated within the last 3 months. Please note; mobile phone bills or clothing account statements will not be accepted.
- Proof of payment (e.g. the front and back of the debit/credit card, signed or a screenshot of your e-wallet account, proving that the account belongs to you).
There are two quick and easy ways to submit your documents to TradaCasino. Send them in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For your security, we recommend only sending these types of documents to trusted casinos with a reputable licence. You can take a look at sites such as Casinomeister or AskGamblers for trusted online casino reviews ratings as well as reading up on our privacy and security here: